Just LOVE To Add My Opinion On Subjects! :-)

This is a wonderful place for me to share the InSaNiTy of everyday life, and trying somehow to make sense of it all!

Friday, October 28, 2011

Being The Hunted!

I absolutely love it when people try to tell me that "hunting" is considered a sport! When the animals are physically able to carry guns and shoot back, then I may consider it a fair! Since I don't believe that will ever happen I will just have to call it a bunch of UNeducated moron's trying to prove how tough they really are. There is so much gun violence and accidents related to weapons. It makes me sad to think that this is not only "legal", but also "encouraged" by many parents for their children.
I am a girl who was born and raised in Queens, New York! Living in the city the "squirrels" were considered wildlife. Yes we had the ocassional mouse or rat, but lets just say they weren't welcomed as much! We were SO DESPERATE for animal contact that we would keep dogs and cats trapped in tiny apartments for our own personal relationships. Of course these pets were extremely loved, but lets face it we did not live in the "ideal" situation for them! The point being we were raised to love ALL animals! If we desired to see anything other then our typical pet we had to travel to the zoo. We didn't have the luxury of seeing a deer and its babies stop for a bite to eat on our front lawn. It's mind blowing that I can see a beautiful living creature, and someone else can look at the very same animal  and see a "wall decoration" or a "rug"!
I know there are many out there ( a.k.a. the UNeducated morons) who like to come up with "excuses" of why people shoot innocent wildlife! I do love the one about how there are people who depend on that meat to survive. I'm sorry! I did NOT realize that it doesn't cost money for a license, or for a gun and bullets. Special clothing must be free? These stores that actually SELL hunting supplies must have some party going on! You mean to tell me you couldn't buy food in bulk to get you through the winter INSTEAD of Purchasing the items listed above? If this excuse isn't good enough I just LOVE this next one! Might go as far as saying it's my favorite! The "Overpopulation Theory"! LOL, may I quite blunt. There are MANY things that are over populated! Just to name one, there are too many unwanted children. Projects are loaded with women having babies they can not afford to take care, nor do they have any intrest in doing so! They are a ticket to collecting more welfare. Now, should we blend in with the rooftops of these buildings and start sniping the children off one by one? Probably NOT the right thing to do?!! Never sat on the stoop in front of my house with a riffle blowing away all the strays that were in the neighborhood! I don't know, maybe it's just me? Can I not compare the two?
Today's society is filled with so much violence. There is hatred everywhere! If a child is taught not to have love and respect for a living creature who is innocent, and has not wronged them in any way, shape, or form. How do you teach them to have respect or any concern for human life? People you deal with everyday that more then likely will have wronged you at one point. This LACK of caring begins with something as simple as an animal. What keeps me up at night is that when you're done buying your hunting supplies in a "family" store such as Walmart, you can go one isle over to purchase your riffle. Someday who knows, maybe people will be able to buy their cigarettes and bullets all in one convenient little stop.............................
My thought of the day: Everything was put on this earth for a reason. Respect it, and Care for it as if it were your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment